What is a Brand Proposition?
Brand Proposition is a phrase or sentence that clearly summarises the rational or emotional benefits a consumer will gain from using that brand. It should tell the consumer what they should expect from you and establish your brand as reputable and reliable as well as set it apart from its competitors.
The Brand’s image is the deciding factor that determines product sales and is a mirror through which the company’s key values are shown and so it should highlight an organisation’s mission and vision. The main elements of brand image usually consist of a unique logo reflecting the desired image and a slogan describing organisation’s business, key values, and sometimes even the CEO of particularly big companies such as Bill Gates with Microsoft. It can be improved by communications such as advertising, packaging, word of mouth and other promotional tools but ultimately, the customer will always have a preconceived notion of the brand and building a brand image can only help that.
- How to build a strong brand image:
Identify your target audience which means not only your customers, but customers, partners, industry analysts and even your employees. Be clear about the groups you are targeting
- Know your business goals and where you plan to be in the future.
- Define your brand’s personality. Make sure it appeals to customers and properly communicate how you are different and the benefits customers will get if they choose you. It should be simple and relevant.
- Know how you are going to communicate this. Don’t barrage customers with information and chose key messages that properly convey your brand’s personality and be sure to incorporate the unique aspects of your brand’s vision.
- Once this has all been completed, it is necessary to maintain it through methods such as PR, content generating, social media interaction and SEO.