Human beings are very visual and as 90% of the information that comes to the brain is visual, brands will need to tap into that “optic nerve”…
What is an infographic? what are they made of?
Data, design, stories and share ability. Infographics are a really good way for brands to prove through leadership and insight that is supported by data. They also have the chance to be repurposed in a number of ways by being broken into smaller chunks that can live across multiple platforms and channels. The process of an infographic starts with the inspiration and the creation, then it is published, shared, repurposed and analysed.
The most common types of infographic:
And a few great advantages to using them…
- Infographics help people to visualise relationships, correlations and statistics simply and easily.
- They show an expert understanding of a subject area or topic.
- Colour images increase willingness to read by up to 80%!
- They take deep data and present it in a visual shorthand.
- People love facts, figures and statistics
- When you create an infographic with your logo embedded and your brand displayed, it’s free advertising. It’s basically a form of an advertisement…that people enjoy.
- A smart infographic campaign involves embed-code that readers can easily grab and post on their respective websites. This gives you a chunk of inbound links, which tells Google, “Hey Google, this site is pretty good, they should get an authority power boost.”