The security of your personal information is very important to us and are Cyber Essentials accredited. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. All such information is held on secure servers; we have physical security of our offices and controlled access to our computer systems. Vision One are GDPR compliant and complies fully with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
Our website includes links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of other websites to which we link. The inclusion of a link should not be taken as an endorsement of the site. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked sites.
How we collect and how we use information.
The GDPR requires us to rely on one or more lawful bases to use your personal information. In order to improve our website and ultimately your experience with us, we gather information from any details you give us or information that we collect from our websites.
When you contact Vision One or commission our market research services, we collect your personal and business details – such as; name, email address, company name, business or billing address. We may also collect any other information you voluntarily provide to us. We use this information to process any enquiry, request or transaction that you initiate with us.
We may also contact you via email, telephone or post to share latest news or to tell you about other products and services we provide. We do not disclose your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes – although if you take part in market research with Vision One (and You-Say) then this is handled by our partner Cint who will host personal details there. (Please see separate policy).With regards to newsletters and updates from Vision One, these are typically managed by a third party on our behalf and you will have the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages at any time at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
If Vision One is acquired by or merged with a third party, we reserve the right, to sell or otherwise transfer any and all information we have collected from you as part of that transaction and such third party will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information as described in this Policy.
Information we collect from your use of our website:
Information is also collected from your cookies, IP address, pixel tags, and browsers when you visit our site. Analysis of such customer data (e.g. Google Analytics) shows us how visitors interact with our website and content which will enable us to improve user experience over time. Such data also helps to evaluate our advertising efforts and this might include device information, location, date of visit, duration on website, demographic information, language, and interest information.
Social Media and Personal Identifiable Information
Any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) on message boards, forums, comment areas on blog or article posts, or in chat areas and other social media platforms, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have PII on a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our systems. Clearly our research may involve talking to children under 16 with the consent of their parents but we do not retain any PII and it is destroyed as soon as we are aware of it.
Your rights concerning your personal data are outlined below. To exercise these rights, please submit your request to our Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will carry out any request to the extent required by applicable law
- The right of access – you can ask to see the personal information we hold about you (along with certain other details) and we will show you free of charge (restrictions apply). We’ll need you to verify who you say you are.
- The right to rectification – if the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified.
- The right to erasure – you can ask us to delete or remove your information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that information or object to us processing it
- The right to data portability – you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain information you’ve provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere.
- The right to object – you can ask us to stop processing your information
- The right to withdraw consent – if we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to complain – if you have a concern about the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK regulator, Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling the helpline on 0303 123 1113. Vision One is registered with the ICO, registration number Z8747690.
Changes to this policy