Human beings are very visual and as 90% of the information that comes to the brain is visual, brands will need to tap into that “optic nerve”…
According to google trends, there were exactly 62 million search results for the term infographic as of April 2015. And it is no wonder! – Infographics are 30 times more likely to be read than plain and boring text articles.
What is an infographic? what are they made of?
Data, design, stories and share ability. Infographics are a really good way for brands to prove through leadership and insight that is supported by data. They also have the chance to be repurposed in a number of ways by being broken into smaller chunks that can live across multiple platforms and channels. The process of an infographic starts with the inspiration and the creation, then it is published, shared, repurposed and analysed.
The most common types of infographic:
And a few great advantages to using them…
- Infographics help people to visualise relationships, correlations and statistics simply and easily.
- They show an expert understanding of a subject area or topic.
- Colour images increase willingness to read by up to 80%!
- They take deep data and present it in a visual shorthand.
- People love facts, figures and statistics
- When you create an infographic with your logo embedded and your brand displayed, it’s free advertising. It’s basically a form of an advertisement…that people enjoy.
- A smart infographic campaign involves embed-code that readers can easily grab and post on their respective websites. This gives you a chunk of inbound links, which tells Google, “Hey Google, this site is pretty good, they should get an authority power boost.”
Vision One have highly visual management reports and infographics play an important part of this. If you are looking to create your own infographics and don’t have the greatest of digital artistic skills, then there are a couple of sites available to you to help you. Cisit Piktochart or Canva to have a browse and create beautiful infographics without too much effort.