The Recruiter Accreditation Scheme, also known as RAS, is a certification developed by the Market Research Society (MRS) alongside the Association for Qualitative Research (AQR). Created to raise the status and profile of recruiters and recognise the skills of professional recruiters.
Its purpose is to improve the quality of the qualitative recruitment a brand receives through a supplier, and to help businesses recruit more efficiently throughout all Qualitative Research.
Who is Recruiter Accreditation Scheme for?
The scheme is designed for market research companies who are undertaking research recruitment as part of a wider research role. Beyond helping companies like VIsion One, it is also recommended for:
- Experienced recruiters – the accreditation provides recognition and status
- New Recruiters – a way of making brands confident and reassured in your abilities
- Recruitment Agencies – the staff within the organisations providing a third-party verification of their services and competence
- Recruiters within research or client organisations – provide professional recognition of the internal recruitment team
What’s covered in the RAS?
The Basics of Research: This element refers to the settings research takes place in, the basic aspects of qualitative and quantitative research and any legal and ethical principles that appear throughout the recruitment process. The learning outcomes in this section inform and guide each stage of the recruitment process.
How it is used in Research Recruitment: The learning outcomes in this element reflect the specific skills and understanding required to conduct effective qualitative recruitment. There are four topic areas in this section:
- Managing the recruitment process
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Recruitment tools and techniques
To find out more about RAS you can read up on the accreditation here