Bringing Packaging Research to Life
Vision One’s pack design research service, PackProbe, incorporates virtual (simulated) shopping with innovative Virtual Shopping animation to create some of the most realistic virtual environments available. Our advanced graphics engines emulate the retail shopping experience to provide the most engaging online survey experience.
When conducting packaging design research, it is important to ease respondents into shopping mode. This will encourage more reliable responses and predictions. In our Virtual Shopping mode within PackProbe, each respondent sees a store “walk through” that recreates the experience of entering a store and going to a particular section. Once the respondent arrives at the section under investigation, respondents are presented with an interactive retail shelf display with an array of pack designs within the category under investigation.
Why Virtual Shopping
One of the main benefits of virtual interactive shopping is the facility for respondents to pick up individual packs off the shelf in order to view them in detail. This includes front, side and back of pack communications. Respondents then have the option of whether or not to add the item to their shopping cart.
- Provides greater realism for respondents which leads to more accurate and reliable assessments of the pack's potential
- Virtual shopping allows respondents to behave and interact with packaging in a more realistic way than 2D screens.
- Significantly cheaper without the need to prepare and print real pack designs
- Speed - It Allows multiple packs to be tested in the same environment within the same interview - not always feasible with real packs
- Online methodology means respondents can be recruited anywhere in the World
For further information about our virtual shopping and packaging research services please drop us a line or call us on 0203 693 3150.